1. A combined bar/restaurant taking the place of the former Mermaid Cafe at 1929 Winnebago St. is in the works. "They will be seeking a Class B combo license for wine, beer and liquor service. The proposed hours will be Monday-Friday 4pm-1:30am. Saturday 9:30am-2:30 pm (brunch) and 4pm-1:30am."
2. The Ohio Tavern is seeking to expand to the sidewalk with seating for 22. It is not clear if the seating is for evening use or only during the day.
3. Bos Meadery is seeking a new combined liquor and beer license at 849 E Washington Ave Ste 102 with a capacity of 99.
4. The owners of the Tiki Bar and Crab Shack on State St. are proposing a sports bar with a capacity of 225 Public to be named Hail Mary Sports Grill 401 E Washington Ave. with a combined liquor and beer license. They hope to have an outdoor patio.
5. Giant Jones Brewing Co proposal for brewery and tasting room in Main St Industries at 931 E Main St.
6. Working Draft Beer Company proposed at 1129 E. Wilson Street. Production brewery hours would be Monday-Friday, 7:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. Hours of operation would be Monday-Thursday, 3:00 p.m.-10:00 p.m.; Friday and Saturday, 11:00 a.m.-11:00 p.m.; and Sunday, 11:00 a.m.-9:00 p.m.
7. Banzo Shuk at 1511 Williamson St. is expanding and now has outdoor patio seating and an alcohol license.
8. A 240 person capacity biergarten has been approved by the city despite multiple objections from neighbors. It will open at 3527 Atwood Ave., with a tentative start date for June 2017.
9. Nomad World Pub was granted a combined liquor and beer license with a total capacity of 184 including outdoor seating. The address is 418 E Wilson St.
10. A beverage production facility with a tasting room at is proposed for 1401 Northern Ct.
I could go on, but these are the ones that are currently at various stages of development. I will try to keep this list more updated in the future. The sources I have for this information are through various email updates sent out by our local alder and the neighborhood association.
To find city meetings including the Alcohol License Review Committe, you can search for agendas here: